Register an Event
The Park Events Guide is a comprehensive listing of nature-based events being offered in the provincial parks system coordinated by the Nova Scotia Department of Lands and Forestry. The events guide is intended for Nova Scotia residents and visitors.
For information on holding a private event in a Nova Scotia Provincial Park (weddings, corporate functions etc), please see our FAQ.
Agencies, organizations and individuals are encouraged to submit events to be listed in the guide. All planned events are to take place between May 2019 – March 2020.
How to prepare and register your event:
- Review the criteria for park events
- Review the Event Management Guidelines
- Ensure you are familiar with the Park Event Rules and Regulations
- Complete and submit the Park Events Application form for the online events calendar
- Each group organizing an event must sign and return the Acknowledgement of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
- For events taking place in remote locations, defined as a place requiring more than 30 minutes of surface travel time in one direction from an emergency care facility, leaders must also complete a Remote Location Outdoor Excursion Plan
- Once your event has been approved for inclusion in the events guide, you will receive a confirmation email from the Nova Scotia Department of Lands and Forestry
All approved events will be listed online.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule, organize and lead the event
- Promote your event locally
- Be responsible for participant safety and risk management during the event
- Following your event, complete and submit a Park Event Evaluation form to the Nova Scotia Department of Lands and Forestry
Nova Scotia Department of Lands and Forestry
- Review events for inclusion in the events guide;
- Produce and distribute the Events Guide and posters to event leaders;
- Distribute the events guide to provincial tourist bureaus, recreation departments and individuals;
- Promote events online on the Provincial Parks Website and NS Provincial Parks facebook page.
- Promote events through a launch news release