Curious about camping, but don't know where to start?
Would you like to try camping, but don't want to invest in the gear just yet?
We can help! Learn 2 Camp is a fun and informative overnight camping experience. Learn how to create great adventures that will result in a lifetime of memories. We are again partnering with Scouts Canada – Nova Scotia Council to deliver this exciting event. Helpful instructors will guide you as you learn how to set up camp, cook meals using outdoor cooking gear, and light a campfire. Although Learn 2 Camp is designed for campers of all ages, children and youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Instructors share their knowledge about the outdoors and the special natural features found at the park. In addition to learning the basics, participants can take part in hands-on workshops that teach skills to be used for future outdoor adventures.
What to bring
- Instructional and hands-on sessions
- Campsite rental, including a picnic table, parking, and fire pit
- Use of a family-size tent for the workshop (or bring your own)
- Use of a flashlight or lantern for the workshop (or bring your own)
- Supper on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
You will need to provide:
- Transportation to and from the workshop
- Sleeping bags, sleeping pads/mattresses, pillows and blankets
- Mess kits (plate, bowl, fork, knife, spoon, and mug) for each family member
- Lawn/camp chairs
- Personal effects (towels, toiletries rain gear, sunscreen etc.)
- Extra snacks/drinks
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Check our personal equipment list for more information on what to bring with you.
Program Not Offered in 2020 due to COVID-19