Please call 1 888 544 3434 for assistance with the Reservation System
Reservations are recommended if you have specific needs i.e. serviced sites or oversized sites.
Our parks have seen increasing numbers of visitors over the past several years and there are a few that book up quickly.
If you are considering Graves Island, Rissers Beach, Amherst Shore or Caribou-Munroe's Island booking early is strongly recommended.
Camping permits are issued for a maximum of 14 nights at the same campsite, there are no season passes or season rates.
Provincial Day Use Parks and Beaches are not serviced during the winter.
The public can access the trails and beaches but please be aware that there are no staff or services i.e. garbage collection or snow removal. Gates are closed so parking may be affected in some locations.
Remember to have a hiking plan for your safety and please pack in and pack out.
You can cancel your reservation by logging into your account or calling 1 888 544 3434
There is a $7.00 fee for cancelling your reservation, and the $9.00 reservation fee paid when you originally booked is non-refundable.
You can change your reservation by logging into your account or calling 1 888 544 3434
There is a $7.00 fee for changing your reservation.
Fees are directly related to the service provided, and are charged by the service provider.
- Dogs off leash in some areas may impact protected vegetative species or impact sensitive sites like sand dunes.
- Part of the NSPP mandate is the protection of wildlife. By instinct many dogs want to chase wildlife or scare them away. Keeping dogs on lead also protects them from quills, skunks, or other altercations with wild animals.
- Even a friendly dog can scare or knock down a child or senior.
- With all the distractions in a park setting…new people, other dogs, wildlife, watercourses, events and activities…even a well-trained dog may act differently than it does at home.
Open fires are not permitted at beaches or day use parks. Contained BBQ's are permitted.
You can check in after 1pm and you must check out by 1pm.
At a self-registration park:
- Select a registration envelope and use the yellow phone to connect with the call centre (9am to 11pm).
- They will tell you which sites are available and how to complete the envelope, including how much you owe for camping fees.
- Credit card payments will be taken over the phone by the call centre agent.
- If you are paying with cash/cheque place it in the envelope, remember to seal the envelope.
- Deposit the envelope in the Drop Box.
- Park staff or campground hosts cannot accept payments or make change.
- The park administration building is closed.
- Debit cards & pre-paid credit cards are not accepted.
- No cash is kept on site.
- No reservation fee is charged when using the yellow phone to register for a stay at the park or to extend your current stay.
- The reservation fee will be applied if using the yellow phone to make a future reservation at the park.
At a full-service park:
- Check-in at the Administration Building.
- At check-in, you will be asked to provide the names of those in your camping party.
- This information is needed for security and emergency purposes.
Serviced sites have two way hook up with 30 amp electrical service and drinking water.
*Porter's Lake sites 8 & 10 have 50 amp electrical service
Some parks have a dishwashing station for your convenience, located near the restrooms with showers.
If you choose to wash dishes at your campsite, please dump the water at the dishwashing station; not at your campsite.
For those parks without a dishwashing station please dump the water at the restroom toilets.
Dishwashing is not permitted at the restroom sinks or at the taps located within the park.