July 6, 2020
COVID -19 Service Changes and Restrictions
COVID-19 safety measures remain in place to protect staff and visitors at provincial parks. We continue to look at how we can adapt and provide safe camping experiences to visitors. Please stay informed and review restrictions before visiting a park.
- Due to public health measures, provincial campgrounds are only open to residents of the four Atlantic Provinces: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Only campers with reservations will be allowed to enter campgrounds.
- Drive-up or walk-in campers will not be permitted to enter campgrounds or stay overnight.
- Campsite permits can be issued for up to 6 people. No more than 6 people shall occupy a campsite unless they are members of a family unit.
- No visitors will be permitted in campgrounds. Registered campers only.
- No group camping
Facilities available with restrictions:
- Provincial campgrounds will operate with a reduced number of campsites available to ensure physical distancing requirements are met (30 feet between firepits on each campsite).
Washrooms facilities/ comfort stations (flush toilets and showers) will operate at reduced capacity, allowing one family unit at a time and limited hours of operation to allow for enhanced cleaning:
- Open 9 am - 9 pm (Closed periodically for cleaning throughout the day)
- Closed overnight 9 pm - 9 am
- Vault toilets will be available at each park
- Park offices will provide service to campers at their drive-up window or allow one visitor inside at a time.
- Before entering any park facilities, please adhere to the direction provided on signage or from staff
- Wood and ice will be available for sale
- Dump stations will be open to registered campers only. Non-campers cannot use dump stations
- Beaches, trails and picnic areas will be open. Visitors must practice physical distancing
- Staff are working to re-open playgrounds
- Details on campsite closures are listed on each camping park page
- No yurts (Whycocomagh) or cabins (Cape Chignecto) for entire season
- No double sites
- No group camping
- No overflow sites will be available.
- Group shelters are closed